Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Memories

I have a hard time remembering things from my childhood growing up. My mind sees things more in snapshots than in video per say. Some things I just don’t remember at all.

I’m not sure if it is giving birth to two children that sucked my brain cells out or if it was a minor concussion I had as a result of a car wreck. Sometimes it makes me sad that I can’t remember things that others seem to remember so vividly.

For instance I have had the same best friend since 2nd grade. She clearly remembers the day we became BFF’s and why. It all started with me sharing my bag of cool ranch Doritos at lunch (cause I’m nice like that) with her. I have absolutely no recollection of this ya’ll. Here we are 23 years later and I cannot remember this.

It makes me want to take more pictures of my kids so I don’t get down the road and find it hard to remember times from their childhood. This is one reason I am starting this blog; maybe if I try and make it a point to write about our daily life, from the mundane to the exciting, then it will help me to remember things more vividly. I, like so many of you get busy doing life and forget to stop and take pleasure in the small mundane things of life. I also sometimes forget to keep the best thing first…and that will be a post for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to show me some love!