Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise


These arrived by mail today.

They are a surprise for my hubby!

I love giving surprises...but I am not good at waiting to give the surprise.

He is originally from Maryland and grew up eating these.

Just recently he got a hankerin' for them.

He can't remember a lot of details about them.

He just keeps saying "I used to eat these butterscotch cakes...I think they are called Crumpets." He also thought they were made by Hostess.

Every time we are in any kind of store that has food, he looks for them.

I have never seen or heard of them. I grew up in the south, we live in the south. I had no clue what he has been going on and on about.

So, unbeknown to him I did a little internet research...and found Butterscotch Krimpets made by Tastykakes.

I ordered two boxes. Cause I like my man to be happy!

I have been praying he won't look at the bank account online and ask me about the payment to Blair candy. Cause' I might of had to lie to him. I really wanted to keep it a secret.

I wanted to keep it a secret so much so that, he has a whole lot of family still in the MD/PA area that could have bought these and sent them to me much cheaper; but I was so afraid someone would let the cat out of the bag though.

So, they arrived today, and I am so excited and can hardly wait to give them to him. So much so that I emailed him at work and told him I have a surprise. I even suggested he might want to come on home. I am so bad! I can't stand waiting to give the surprise.

It's 2:oo in the afternoon and he's on his way home. I finally convinced him to come home. My hubby NEVER leaves work early. He RARELY calls in sick. Oh I am so bad!! I just can't wait!!!

He will be here soon. Hopefully I can get a picture of him when he sees them!!

2 comments:

  1. And?? I'm hanging on pins and needles here. :) Did he love the Tasty Kakes?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to show me some love!