Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cakes, Cakes and More Cakes

I have been very lax in posting the cakes I have done over the past several months...so here goes.

This cake I did for a friend of a friend. This is a 8 inch chocolate cake with butter cream icing. Spiderman, the letters and numbers are fondant. I made the webs on the side out of chocolate.


I made this cake for my office. They had a Biggest Loser Competition and they asked me to make this on the last day of the competition when the winner was announced. This is a kit kat cake. It was a white cake with vanilla butter cream, surrounded by kitkats and filled in with m&m's on top.

This cake I made for Teacher Appreciation Week at Emma's preschool. It was an 8 in chocolate cake and a 6 inch vanilla cake; both with vanilla butter cream. The flowers, faces and sun were made out of fondant. Grass, clouds, stems and leaves are all butter cream. The teachers loved it!

Another cake I made for a friend of a friend. This is the Mickey head pan made by Wilton. This was chocolate cake with part vanilla and part chocolate butter cream. Black butter cream is so much easier to make if you start out with chocolate butter cream.

This was a chocolate sheet cake with chocolate butter cream. The hills were formed from cake. The bales of hay were made from fondant. The flag is paper taped to sucker sticks. The motorcycle/rider is a toy provided by the mom. My husband rigged it with some wire so that it would look like he was jumping.



This was my first topsy turvy cake to make. It was for my niece Cheyenne's 17th birthday. This was a Red Velvet and vanilla cake. 10, 8 and 6 inch tiers iced in vanilla butter cream with fondant accents. The candy on the cake is actual candy....smarties, jolly ranchers, suckers, dum dum suckers.


I made this cake for a friends son at work. This was a 9 inch vanilla cake with vanilla butter cream and fondant accents.

Well I think that finally catches me all up. I sorry for the quality of the pictures. I think I need to take some photography classes.

Princess and Little Man are so funny...every cake that I do, they decide that's the cake they want for their next birthday. So it changes often. I am so blessed because Steven helps me with all my fondant work. I love working together with him on these things. He's really good at it too.

Today happens to be my birthday and he bought me an airbrush system for my cake decorating. I am SO excited. I can't wait to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to show me some love!